Wednesday 5 July 2017

She Called This Idyllic


Today was a good day.

The sun shone. The sky was blue. The birds sang and we met a lovely little cat that made friends with us and didn't want to leave us alone.

The difference a few days can make.

The difference a holiday can make.

We seem to have moved so quickly to this situation that I can barely remember last week. I suspect that I am blocking a lot of things out but without doubt this is a good place to be.

We are staying in a little cottage somewhere in deepest Cornwall. The last couple of days have been glorious and between visits to beautiful little villages and never-ending sandy beaches our world has been calm and happy. It took a little while to find the level we are now at, but that's probably understandable. The most important fact is that we reached it.

I think the timing of this break has been perfect. We needed some time away from the pressures of everyday life. We have talked about health, of course, but there have been plenty of other things to chat about also. I have been careful about what I have said and have not made any comments about negativity. This has also helped.

But I think the main thing is being away from home and all the things that seem to be associated with it. It's a complete mind-change and for both of us this has been important.

My wife said tonight that she didn't want to go home. She called this idyllic. As I write this the sun has just gone down and we can hear the sounds of farm animals in the distance. We have listened to the radio most evenings and have not even turned on the television or caught up with family and friends. Right now this is about as far away from home and illness as we can get and for that I am very grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment