Sunday 16 July 2017

I'm Here All Week


I have been doing some reading lately. Nothing too deep but all part of my ongoing research into finding out whether others in a similar situation feel the same way. Affirmation or something along those lines. It is possible that I may be turning into my wife and doing exactly what I tell her not to do when she loses perspective and spends too much time on line. I remain hopeful however that my actions are completely natural for the circumstances.

Whatever the justification, I am once again able to confirm that there is worrying little information available on this subject. I have however found one article that I was able to identify with. It is short and simple but briefly mentions the writers feeling of invisibility as a partner of a cancer sufferer. I have included a link below for reference. I should add that whilst I would not compare the seriousness of my situation to the one described, I do understand and connect with some of the sentiment shared.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/facts-and-arguments/caring-for-my-sick-husband-i-am-going-through-untold-suffering/article19163110/

The good news at the moment is that whilst our holiday has ended and we are home and back at work, the positivity remains in place. My wife is more relaxed, happier in general and is laughing at my jokes again. Whilst a career as a stand-up remains unlikely, it is good to see that my very limited audience has returned!


http://loddonmillarts.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment